SLIICK GARDEN is a youth educational program aimed to build up community hubs and empower local community members through sharing local food and gardening resources, knowledge, and outdoor spaces.
SLIICK GARDEN aims to build a collective of community hubs and youth leaders who can develop and spread sustainable habits. By learning to use the resources in their very own backyards and ecosystems, youth ages 7-17, and young adults 18-28 can manifest skills such as:
- Using the seeds of vegetables and fruits to grow more produce
- Starting & maintaining an indoor or outdoor gardens
- Developing accessible composting
At SLIICK GARDEN we bring people together through our gardening and food-based events. For example, “SLIICK GARDEN Festival” and “TrEAT Yourself Tuesdays” we share all of our favorite SLIICK family recipes. We address current events that affect us as a community and foster a supportive environment for spiritual and emotional growth. By coordinating with local vendors and community leaders to promote the ultimate goal of economic empowerment. Our metric for success is as follows:
- Acquire land in Florida to break ground on development.
- Provide renewable/sustainable long-term & short-term tiny home experience.
- Enroll (7) youth per acre in the sustainable agriculture/permaculture youth program.